.anything two-wheels, travel, food, beauty, fashion and my personal musings.
I’ve hit another milestone with my blog. Just yesterday, I was nominated for the Liebster Award! Way cool!
I’ve started blogging in November 2013 and this nomination is definitely a huge encouragement. While I hit a small stumbling block in early December, lately, I’ve been trying to push myself with creating daily content consistently especially since the start of the new year. Arguable, blogging consistently can be difficult to maintain especially when one has to seek out new material constantly.
The Liebster Award is basically an online award given to new bloggers with less than 500 followers. Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. While blogging is about building a community and sharing ideas and thoughts, this award connects the dots in that it is a great way to connect with bloggers and help spread the word about newer blogs. It is said that the Liebster Award was created to recognise/ discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
So, dear Natasha of KissmetBeauty, thank you for nominating me! It is indeed highly appreciated.
So, as with all awards, some criteria and rules apply including:
1. Make a post about the Liebster Award, thanking the blogger who nominated you and state 11 interesting facts about yourself
2. Answer the set of 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 5-11 new bloggers with 500 followers that you feel deserve the award or less and link them in your Liebster Award post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
I find it so hard to write about me, somehow. But here are the 11 random facts about me:
Here are my answers to the 11 questions tagged by Natasha:
1. When did you start your blog and what made you decide to start it?
I decided in November 2013 that I should challenge myself with something new, and since I love writing, blogging would be a great avenue for me to exercise those writing skills I have sidelined.
2. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
Ride pillion on a motorcycle at 310kmh with no proper motorcycle gear on.
3. Do you have a bucket list and if so, can you name some of the things that are on it?
I actually blogged about this! Here is the link to the post – But picking some things off that list:
4. What’s your favorite season?
Here in Singapore, we only have two season: hot & humid or wet & moist. I would take the heat anyday, because that means the weather is great to head out and do stuff!
5. If you could choose only ONE cosmetic item to use for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Blotters? This is a tough question. What can I say, I love my beauty products!
6. If you visit any place in the entire world, where would it be?
7. What country do you reside in?
8. What are some of your hobbies?
Going riding, watching Youtube videos and reading.
9. Who’s your favorite band and/or musician?
Sting and Aerosmith.
10. If you could choose anyone in the world to meet (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
The late Princess Diana. She is just such an inspiration who was poised, elegant and smart!
11. What is your greatest passion in life?
It would have to be enjoying good food.
Here are my 11 questions:
Now, I am nominating the following bloggers for the Liebster Award!
Were you nominated for the Liebster Award? I would love to read your answers!